Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Michael's Thoughts On: The 2016 Voting Season



So it's getting time to vote again, I hear... I guess it'd be a fair question to ask who I'm voting for this year. Will it be Donald Trump? Bernie Sanders? Hillary Clinton?

Nope. I'm not voting for any of them.

Why, you ask? Because I've had enough. I've had enough of the clown house that is the modern political scene. I've had enough with this generation that's turned an important national event into a competition of idiots. Turn on any television program about the runners-up and what do you see? Name-calling, dirt-throwing, and all of this wrapped up in a nice little entertainment package. Don't you see what's happened here? Thanks to the forming of political parties we're more divided now than ever!

Everything's "Republican vs Democrat"; "conservative vs liberal"; "right vs left"... I'm sorry, but when did our priorities go from the betterment of our country to putting down other people for the pettiest of opinion differences? Why are we all more concerned about our party winning than we are about what will be best for America? I don't know if you've all noticed, but ISIS is knocking on our doorstep! NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO LAUGH AT SILLY PEOPLE IN SUITS YELLING AT EACH OTHER!!! We need each other now more than EVER, but the modern political spectrum has turned us against each other! Well I say NO MORE!

So in silent protest, I'm choosing not to vote this year. I refuse to empower any of the runners-up with my support; instead I'll deprive them of what they want and simply continue living my life in the best way that I can. The people splitting us apart can only succeed if we let them, people. The power's still in our hands to decide whether we give them our vote or not. So instead, I'll do something radical: I'll pray for the good of our country and put it all in God's hands. Better His than any of ours.

~M.D.

No comments: