Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Patches Cotton: A Eulogy By Michael Day


On June 1st, 2016, the Day family lost another beloved pet that's been a part of our household for many long and happy years. Patches Cotton Day, who has been a part of our family ever since our earliest days living in Cincinnati, passed away after developing a tumor and having to be put down. She was a very sweet cat who lived for 13 years; no matter who you were, she was friendly and approachable and happy to be around people. She was also incredibly small, being roughly the size of a kitten all her life, and had the softest and fluffiest fur I've ever felt on a cat. She enjoyed going outside, being picked up and cuddled, and spontaneously appearing in all sorts of strange places.

This picture is the very last one I ever took of Patches while she was still alive. It's strange to think that she would pass away just 9 days after Ryan and I did everything we could to get her out of a tree, not realizing what little time we really had left with her. It's a sad time for everyone in the Day family since Patches was beloved by all... but we were nevertheless happy and blessed to have known her, and to have given her the greatest and most loving life she could have known.

I'm fighting through my tears as I write this, so I'll conclude with this: we love you, Patches Cotton Day. We've always loved you in life, and we'll continue loving you in death. Keep Starbright company in Heaven, will you?

Rest in peace, Patches... I love you.

~M.D.

No comments: