Friday, January 22, 2010

Rant on Twilight

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated the blog in a while. First of all I want to say a resounding, albeit late, HAPPY NEW YEAR! And to start off the 2010 blog, I've decided to share with you some gripes I have with a book I've been reading: the overrated paper waste known as "Twilight".

First of all, the main character is annoying. I mean... REALLY annoying. She can complain about the stupidest things!

"Waaaah! I'm moving away to a misinterpreted version of Forks, Washington for no good reason! Waaaah! I've been given a truck by my unusually immature dad! I WANTED A McLAREN! Waaaah! This group of kids is being so nice to me! I CAN'T STAND IT! Wa-haaaaaaah!!"

*urrrrgh*

Of course, after Edward and the rest of the Cullens appear, things get even worse as Bella won't stop talking about how pretty they are.

"Waaa- OOH, pretty!"

That's how the next few chapters are. As soon as she sees them, she thinks that she's died and gone to heaven, even when Edward's being cruel towards her.

Chapter 3: Ooh, pretty!

Chapter 4: Ooh, pretty!

Chapter 5: Ooh, pretty!

Me: SHUT UP!!

I'm currently on the chapter titled "Blood Type", which opens with one of the creepiest -and silliest- things I've ever read in fiction. It talk about how Bella kept dreaming about Edward, and how the only light in her dreams came from his skin. Because he sparkles later in the book, I laugh every time I read that part. But at the same time, I see insanity behind Bella's eyes. Why is she dreaming about him so much, when she's supposed to be an "average girl"? She doesn't sound very average to me.

And that's all I've got to say about this junk... so far. But when I complete the book, I'll be sure to let you know. *evil laugh*

No comments: